Meet the Fascial System!
Often underrepresented in anatomical studies, fascia is a rich and dynamic system that holds the answers to many questions of how our bodies move, get injured, and recover.
Join us in the lab and our dynamic classroom space as we study the organization of fascia up close. From the densely packed collagen fibers of the IT Band to the slippery-slidey gels of loose connective tissue, you will learn about fascia all the way down to the micro-world of the extracellular matrix. SEE it, TOUCH it, and take your palpation skills next level.
Come for the anatomy, stay for the SUNSHINE! ☀️
Taught by co-directors of AnatomySCAPES and ABMP Anatomy forTouch columnists, Nicole Trombley and Rachelle Clauson.
Right now you can register early and save!
Save $250 for Mar 8-9 with code: EARLYBIRD2023
Save $350 for May 3-4 with code: SUPEREARLY2023
Join us in March OR May
There are TWO opportunities to join us for our Journey into the Matrix workshops in 2023. Choose your 🗓 dates, book a ✈️ flight, and come explore with us here in☀️ San Diego, CA.
Journey into the Matrix:
March 8-9, 2023
Journey into the Matrix:
May 3-4, 2023
Join us in the lab as we discover the many structures and textures of the Fascial System! What to expect:
- Two days of dissection ✍️ lab & classroom 🎨 learning
- Fresh-tissue human forms (no chemical embalming)
- Small classes by design (less than 20 students)
- Online content 💻 to get you ready before you arrive on site
- AnatomySCAPES' Lab Manual📖
- Instructors: AnatomySCAPES Co-Directors Rachelle Clauson 👩🏫 & Nicole Trombley 👩🏻🏫
- CEs📚: Pending 10CE hours through NCBTMB
- 📍Located in San Diego, CA ☀️
Here is an overview of the structure of this workshop. Completion of all segments is required. Thank you for planning accordingly.
Part A: Online Prep
Put on your stretchy pants and get comfy! Your fascia journey starts from the comfort of your own home with our ONLINE SEGMENT. This part of the course is self-paced and 100% online.
Your online content will include:
- Pre-recorded VIDEOS introducing you to the world of Fascia and the key concepts we will be covering in person.
- LAB MANUAL with worksheets and activities.
- QUIZZES to check your understanding.
- Videos and images from the DISSECTION LAB.
Our LAB MANUAL is included in this online segment. Designed to read like a fun, glossy magazine, we cover some key concepts of fascial anatomy AND introduce you to many of the anatomical structures we will likely encounter in the Lab. It's beautiful, fun and surprising!
Part B: Intro Call
A week before our IN-PERSON days in the lab, we'll join together on a brief Zoom call for introductions, orientation and to answer any questions you might have.
Part C: In Person
Pack a lunch (and some dark chocolate 🍫 to share 😉) and head to the anatomy lab for two days of learning here in sunny San Diego, CA.
Together in the lab we will explore fascia from superficial to deep, and everything in between. The in-lab segment consists of :
- Live DISSECTION and EXPLORATION of fascial tissues.
- Classroom LECTURE & DISCUSSIONS on key concepts and applications for our bodywork and movement practices.
- Hands-on EMBODIMENT and movement to stay connected to our own bodies and deepen our understanding.
- ARTS & CRAFTS for deeper learning.
Who should attend?
The workshop is geared toward licensed hands-on professionals: massage therapists, midwives, chiropractors, acupuncturists, physical therapists, RNs etc. are welcome! You will be asked for your credentials when you register. Please contact us if you have questions regarding eligibility.
What other Anatomy❤️LOVERS are saying...
"The dynamic duo of Nicole & Rachelle make learning in both the lecture hall and the lab incredibly fun. It’s a multi-faceted web they weave with interactive props representing elements and various structures of fascia.These women are super stars." 🤩🤩
"How anatomy in PT school should have been!"
"This is how anatomy in PT school should have been! Thank you so much for creating this MUCH NEEDED offering to guide us through the fascial connections of the body. I feel so grateful to have had the opportunity to learn form you both. I will definitely start using all that I learned in my practice ASAP! I’ll be back! This was so much fun! You rock, Rachelle & Nicole!"